Sunday, April 13, 2008

Welcome to "My Backyard"

This is my attempt to marry two things I enjoy doing: photography and writing. I don't know where this journey will carry me, but for now, this blog refers to things in my backyard, meaning scenes and activities in the immediate area where I live: Los Alamos county, New Mexico. Los Alamos county has two town sites: Los Alamos and White Rock. I live in White Rock and this blog will do some chronicling of trails and sights around my home.

There are several blogs about Los Alamos, and when I get around to it I will post links to them on this site as well. Most of them deal with the laboratory here, or the politics of the town, or both. None of that sort of thing will appear here. This blog is strictly about the beauty of the outdoors and my ability (or lack thereof) to capture it in prose and images.

No comments: